WHAT IS SISU?
Sisu (see soo) is a Finnish term loosely translated into the English language as strength of will, determination, bravery, perseverance and acting rationally in the face of adversity. Sisu is about taking action against the odds and displaying courage. Deciding on a course of action and sticking to that decision against repeated set-backs is sisu.
Sisu is a mindset, a spirit and a characteristic we can develop
- Everyone is born with sisu and every day is an opportunity to put it to use.
- We learn through trying, falling and failing. Taking a risk is at our core.
- When we are brave our world expands.
- We are grounded in the mountains, the bush and the beach.
- Great things take a lot of time.
- We love simplicity, traveling light and leaving no footprint.
- We support each other to be the best version of themselves.
- We are authentic.
- We value ourselves and those around us.
- We are always willing to TRY with a POSITIVE attitude
- We have FUN and LAUGH often and loudly
- We are FRIENDS and SUPPORT each other
- We LISTEN and in turn we are HEARD
- We LEARN from our mistakes and are prepared to fall
- We SHARE our fears and HELP each other overcome them
- We ENCOURAGE and INSPIRE others
- We ADAPT and understand not everything goes to plan
- We live COURAGEOUSLY
- We are AUTHENTIC